View Single Post
Old 2007-12-24, 04:58   Link #16
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
@ HashiriyaR32

I assume you're talking to me, yes? If so, I'll try to be clearer, though I don't see how I can be...

You asked if any X songs (X being X Japan, naturally) have a piano introduction to them. I provided several X songs that do, including the Last Song, Forever Love, Silent Jealousy, and Endless Rain - there are others, if I felt like pulling out my X albums. The footage itself is, as I stated, from the Last Live Concert X Japan performed at the Tokyo Dome on New Year's Eve 1997. Since Tori no Uta was written post 1999, it's highly unlikely that X could have covered it in 1997, no?

As to your theory about a member of X rearranging Tori no Uta and dubbing it over their own final Live concert... firstly, I'd have to ask why exactly they'd even do such a thing, and then I'd have to point out that the only member of X really capable of doing that would be Yoshiki, and what with him acting as a producer, working on Violet UK, newly working on S.K.I.N, and with the new single and new tour for X themselves coming out (and with some of these projects happening since 1999), I can't see him doing it... especially since he's a composer of his own music, and would therefore be unlikely to rearrange something like this, especially over his own band concert. Also, if he was going to do so, why would he stitch together two songs from the Last Live just to run a metal cover of an eroge tune?

As for other X members, hide is dead, Pata is in another band, Toshi has been a little off to the left, and heath has been hiding in the woodwork. Since none of them were really music-writers, more performers, their absence/presence is a tad more academic anyway, but I suppose they had to be raised.

The video is most likely what it appears to be - a fan-made metal arrangement by an anonymous eroge/metal fan, who mixed a song he liked over a band he liked.

-Andiyar