View Single Post
Old 2012-09-19, 19:53   Link #166
LifeILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I believe there's an underlying cultural problem. We get satellite TV over here from China and by far the two most popular and numerous types of programs are either set in the Warring states-Three kingdoms period, romanticising imperialism and a time when China was considered strong and at it's influential/cultural peak, or the whole WWII era with heroic resistance fighters bravely fighting the Japanese war machine with all the stereotypes you can think of. I do think that people are heavily influenced by the society and values which surround them, and patriotism and nationalism go hand in hand. Reason is cute and all but is surprisingly rare and, unfortunately, by definition the less vocal voice.
Hmm...I grew up in China and all I remember was me watching Saint Seiya and other anime they would play at night everyday......

Maybe it has changed since then.

And I'm positive that most of these Chinese protesters don't know anything about those islands, if it wasn't for the retarded media telling them this they wouldn't know anything about no island. They don't care, they're not Fisherman, they don't live on that island. If they really cared why don't they go to that island themselves, settle it the way Palestine and Isreal do it. But they won't.

The ONLY reason they're protesting is because it's Japan. That's the only reason.
LifeILL is offline   Reply With Quote