Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-19, 19:29   Link #2997
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
(Offtopic) There's the AKB thread in the Music section; Kasai's problem -- the responsibility is really on the hands of those who were behind the photography production -- has absolutely nothing to do with this anime.
First, I don't care about AKB as a group, so I would never read the Music thread. Second, there has been awful lot of other material about the actual group in this thread over the past year. Why are you so quick to tag this as off-topic? Considering the number of people like me that have no interest in the group itself outside of this show, I thought it was news-worthy.

Somehow your reaction suggests some defensiveness that mentioning this story might sully the reputation of one of the members or the group itself. Frankly, it should. But if you think the post should be moved, then use the Report button.

I also find it highly unlikely that the AKB powers-that-be were unaware of this issue in advance of the magazine's intended release. I doubt only Kodansha and the photographers were involved. AKB is a tightly-controlled organization. If they weren't aware of Kasai's photoshoot they have only themselves to blame. There's always the usual "all publicity is good, even if it's bad publicity" meme to consider here.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote