View Single Post
Old 2013-02-11, 21:30   Link #16
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
You lost me at the part where you started tossing out random TV Tropes vocabulary in a desperate attempt to justify Total Eclipse's plot direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Except that, for better or for worse, the war in the alien-infested world is a backdrop towards the core story of Total Eclipse, which is Yuuya Bridges' personal story.
So it's a backdrop that adds absolutely nothing and is completely unrelated to what the show turns out to be about.

Yes, that's the problem.

And if I wanted to watch a legit WWII R&D documentary, I would expect it to open in a way that introduces what the documentary is about. If opened telling you in every conceivable way you were about to watch a brutal, in-your-face reenactment of day to day trench warfare and THEN became a R&D documentary in a deliberate "GOTCHA!" move, that would be incredibly stupid.

The Total Eclipse anime is the movie Valkyrie if you keep everything up to Tom Cruise getting his shit fucked up in Africa intact, but then inexplicably jump 20 years later in the middle of the Cold War with a completely different cast of characters and never go back to that whole "Hitler is the enemy of the whole human race" thing again.

Last edited by Hagoshod; 2013-02-13 at 11:56.