View Single Post
Old 2013-03-02, 01:15   Link #31997
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
But Beatrice could present both to Battler as part of her catbox, apparently. So somehow both are valid. I suppose Battler can't know what's outside, but Ange can (and Tohya can, but apparently keeps writing shit where Eva dies or something). And what about the one Battler shows Ange in ep8?
Looking back on everything, I think the Catbox Beatrice maintains is about "the Yasu story", not that "everybody dies/Eva lives/whatever". Beatrice tries to get Battler to remember the love they had, so she's spinning stories with Yasu as the culprit, and they may blatantly contradict what we know about 1998, but that's not really Beato's purpose. She's not trying to get Battler to know the "truth", so it's not unexpected that she'd show him a kakera which is false. However, those stories all satisfy "Yasu did it because she loves Battler", so she's content with telling them. So in other words, she's showing stories which we can PROVE to be wrong in their particular reference frame (after all, Eva can't die and not die). They're valid in that they represent Beato's heart, but Beato may have shamelessly grabbed them from some other quantum state

Edit: OK so I guess that means this can be taken to mean that the whole "magic doesn't exist" premise from the first four EPs is a load of shit, because it doesn't matter if magic exists or not, because Beato can just show him a kakera where "magic exists" and then he's done. So I'm suddenly not too sure...

Super-edit: I never considered this, but how do you think Battler's direct involvement in some of the kakeras affects everything? He is shown to have control over at least his own piece in-game. Or maybe Piece-Battler is only a set of eyes to gather info about the game board without relying entirely on Beato's narrative?

Anyway, let's just say Meta-Battler decides "fuck everything, I'm hiding in Kuwadorian" and does so for every game he participates in. Doesn't that fundamentally change the end result of the game Beato made? So kakera aren't necessarily predetermined as long as there is a player.

Last edited by DaBackpack; 2013-03-02 at 01:36.
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote