View Single Post
Old 2011-09-06, 17:17   Link #204
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Glad to hear that the show is going to be 2 cour. Should give them ample time to do what they want ... hopefully.And the lesson(s) to be learned here is that any attempt to create a time slot for anime that tries to target a larger audience is doomed for failure, and that nothing beats the desire to make more money.

Good game noitaminA. You might have sold out at the end, but your heart was in the right place at the start.
Eh, I don't see it as being that simple. Part of the reason why they started to fail is because they tried making stuff that didn't appeal to a wide audience. Josei/weird stuff =/= appealing to wide audiences. I get where you're coming from since Yamamoto stated they needed to start branching out due to revenues from ratings not being enough anymore, but that doesn't necessarily mean their productions can no longer attract wide audiences. Sure, BRS in itself is otaku oriented, but we have no idea what type of anime it will be. Going by the OVA it will still be shoujo-like. Furthermore, I'd say something like Guilty Crown can appeal to a wide audience, it's just of a genre that has its own base, just like every other show in existence. Just because the show will attract nerds because it's sci-fi doesn't make it a sell-out. I just don't buy the idea that noitaminA has sold out because it's doing more than just token Josei adaptations now. imo they're being even more bold now than they were before by producing so many original anime and even giving them 2-cour runs now.