View Single Post
Old 2012-01-04, 14:36   Link #7471
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
Will Umineko ever be released for the iPhone/iPad? Similar to mangagamer's mobile version of Higurashi.
MangaGamer weren't really involved with the development of Higurashi for iOS. Instead, it was originally developed by SEAMS in Japanese, using MangaGamer's translation for the English language version.

As for Umineko, I haven't heard anything about an iOS version. Indeed, I'm sure that if a developer such as SEAMS wanted to make an iOS version, they would be able to negotiate with HOBIBOX for the rights (since it'd probably be a commercial release, some of the music and sound effects would probably have to be replaced).

If a Japanese iOS version were released, that leaves open the possibility for an English language version. I doubt many developers would be willing to create a whole new translation, so I'm guessing it'd be down to whether they could negotiate with Witch Hunt to use their translation.

Of course, with nothing announced, this is all purely speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanketsu View Post
After finishing Ep8, now I intend to replay the whole thing with "new perspective".
Problem is, I just realized that my ep1-4 installation on OSX is still plagued with the 10.7 full screen bug - the app will quit immediately after entering Full Screen Mode. Apparently this bug has been fixed in the latest ep8 patch - Chiru runs OK in full screen.

Assuming that this issue has been fixed in the latest Ep1-4 patch, am I required to re-install the whole thing from the disk again? If I am, are there any save files to back up or will they be gone for good?
Okay, I've put together a step-by-step guide with screenshots to fix this problem. Let me know if something doesn't work.

View guide