View Single Post
Old 2006-06-26, 09:04   Link #475
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_eyes
Yes what you say may be true but although the following point has been brought up, there hasn't been a very good explanation of why she would actually ask for permission to help. If she didn't think that she was helping them, and just wanted to help, she'd just say "I will help you guys" despite anything the band members say.

If it wasn't voluntary help and it was just something she wanted to do, it's equivalent to asking Kyon or anyone of the SOS members whether or not they actually wanted to go play baseball in the baseball episode rather than just sayiing "We're playing baseball" whether they like it or not.
Haruhi always wants to help the human race; she just assumes that no one wants anything to do with her. Haruhi genuinely believes that SOS-dan does good to its club members and the world. I can't imagine Haruhi backing down if the band refused her offer; that's not what she does.

(off-topic rant ahead. Ignore if you wish)

Spoiler:

If Harhui didn't believe she was being selfish, then there would not have been such a surprise from being thanked.