View Single Post
Old 2011-07-02, 13:08   Link #3218
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Exactly. I'm completely agreeing with you. The tons of fanfics in which similar things happen are proof enough.
All I say is that there are other outcomes I would've preferred (something that is directly linked with my wish for GW to continue to be 'atypical', as I called it). That's the reason I cite all the scenes from the series. To prove that there is room for interpretation, not to harp on stagnation.
To be more clear about it, while there was nothing in the series to make me believe that Duo and Wu Fei would become bosom buddies, there was also nothing to make me believe otherwise.
That's essentially what this entire debate boils down to for the most part. I disagree with your last sentence but no amount of debate is going to make you feel differently...

Quote:
Wu Fei as a PhD and ex-Preventer, teaching at a university, having changed his last name to Long (mind out of the gutter, I mean his wife's clan he married into ) and be the martial arts instructor of a girl named 'Mei Ling', who oh so happens to look a lot like a certain someone and oh so happens to be a pilot for a certain Gundam.
And have Duo become a real priest, not a bounty hunting gold digger with bratty kids. >_> As for the others... I think I spoiled enough of my story in the works already.
Except for Quatre. I don't know what's up with him but you'd think a responsibility freak like him would make sure the Winner family would have an heir to its legacy. He needs a son. Where is he? Quatrine has boobs, so she doesn't count. No omitting his family's chauvinism, please.
Fair enough. Those outcomes would have been pretty feel-good.