View Single Post
Old 2013-02-10, 01:57   Link #4
Traece
:cool:

I thought the first two episodes were very fascinating. They did a fantastic job of initiating me, someone who has no experience with this franchise, into the story. The story itself isn't the greatest thing ever, nor is it perfect by any means, but I did like that it had kind of a Full Metal Panic! meets Blue Gender sort of idea. I liked that it started out confusingly and with some very typical scenarios for building up knowledge of the situation, and then thrust the characters and the viewers into the thick of it. I like that it got very gritty and very serious at a rapid pace, and it did a great job of portraying that the stakes were high and that it would only get much worse. I even liked that when the end had come and all hope was lost, it was made this way both for the characters and for their surroundings. All of what they set out to protect was destroyed, and only a shred of hope for what was left remained.

And then, you know... The other 23 episodes came around with their beach scenes and hot springs trips, and literally ignored the fact that the planet is being invaded by aliens that eat people. Yes. Literally ignored. I used that word correctly in that sentence.