View Single Post
Old 2008-04-20, 18:25   Link #539
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Formal was dropped from the title for a reason. Don't cling to that word so strongly. The essence of the theme is basically "pretty girls", meaning they should be dressed in a very feminine way. The reason I consider that image borderline is not because of the summer dress, but because the dress is very minimal on the lace and frills.

Also, just a reminder from last contest - when you have decided on your final entry, please put Final Entry in the post that contains that entry. This makes it easier for me to keep track during the contest.
Quote:
See quote.

This thread is for c&c as well as submissions. Just tag the post that contains your chosen entry with "Final Entry" once you've decided so I can have the correct version when it's time to gather them up for voting.
Quote:
Just popping in to let everyone know that the deadline is coming up in two days. So now is the time to finish up, do last minute tweaks, last minute entries, etc.

Remember to add the words "Final Entry" to the sig you are planning on entering. This makes it easier for me to search the thread and find your finished work. Thanks.
Three different times during this month's contest that I specifically mention adding the words "final entry" to the signature the person wanted to enter. I can pull quotes from the other months if you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsilya~ View Post
Don't see how that is relate to titling your final/official entries... No. It only tells us that we can only have one, entry other than that it doesn't tell us any more. You should state the rule more clearly as it is, not such round about way. As to people that give more than 2 entries, I think they should feel responsible to titling which one they want to enter. What I am saying is that you never told anyone to tag their official/final entries did you? As to how many people don't have their entries submitted, I can be any more wrong can I?

Also to the file size limit, this is the first art contest I seen with a size limit. A art contest's purpose to compete to make the finest artwork, not to actually create a file with least size as possible. What is the point of having it? It only decrease the flexibility of your artwork as well as the quality of it. Very humorous why we even have such rule as to limiting it to 50kb.

If a normal come by like me can't see it, then how well are you trying to enforce such rule?
I've already said I don't have it as an official rule. If the majority of the contestants are adding the words to their post and only a few aren't, how is that a problem with communication? It suggests that those people don't check the thread much or did not notice everyone else putting those words in their entry posts, but again - it's not my job to second guess people. The people who care about having their entry in the contest have already spoken up. All I did was give them a gentle reminder so that next time they'll know (in case they didn't or had forgotten).

As for the size limit. Please give me an example (not animation or transparency) of the difference between size limits. Show me examples where not being able to use "maximum quality" is detrimental to the signature.

I chose the size limits based on a few criteria.

1. Many people here are used to using the forums sig rule limit.
2. Many contestants use their entries as actual signatures.
3. Removing the size limits increases the chance someone will use an entry over the forum limit and thus break the forum rules, getting them in trouble.

I want a stronger argument than just "I don't like it" or "other forums do it differently". Until that happens the rule isn't changing.