View Single Post
Old 2011-02-05, 12:08   Link #202
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@AuroraFlash, riddles are posted in the other thread in this section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
No one will. That's why there will be many answers that aren't even a link or won't say which riddle they tried to solve. Or forgot to check the deadline. The last two things won't happen with one riddle at a time. It also complicates debating the riddles.

It's just my opinion, if your system gets used - alright! But I personally would pefer the simple structure of one riddle at a time
My basic problem is this: if you give me a riddle, and I spend 2 weeks (going by the current interval) and it's still not solved, then I don't want it spoiled! I still want to try solving it! I don't care about the money, and the rep prize is even more useless to me (I have rep disabled as you can see), so the satisfaction I get for solving it is my only reward. Considering we have a full fledged spoiler policy and such, I'm sure I'm not entirely alone on this. However, I'm equally sure there are people who want it spoiled, so the system I proposed is basically a compromise.

As for the part about confusion. To even have two riddles at the same time would take a month! (or two weeks going by the latest discussion) We could just have a riddle submission thread for each; which would also hold the hints in the first post and get closed/unstickied when the riddle is solved. Or we could require people to post the riddle identifier, ie. "riddle A, my answer is blah blah".

For every post that doesn't meet the requirement a moderator just checks the little box at the top, and hits delete after marking a few. Similarly for any other answers that do not meet the rules, ie. post with out a url, or posts with simply a hole bunch of urls (30+) and no explanation, and other similar cases. Though I have faith this won't be necessary except very very rare and special cases; the standards here are not that low.