View Single Post
Old 2012-08-01, 12:00   Link #504
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
While it may work for regular elections for student president, i can't agree when it comes to politics in Koichoco. Koichoco has a slight exaggerated real life politcs on going.
I think it's pretty rare that for example a democrat canditate with republican beliefs is going to win many voters from either side. Plus you will likely get conflict in your own department for doing that.
Eh, I don't think it's about "beliefs", and this isn't a question of turf. The problem with bullying is shared by the entire school, and one would imagine that the candidates from all three divisions would put forward policies to address this issue. The Public Safety committee already has a red mark because of incidents that occurred "on their watch", so it's up to the two other divisions to come up with a solution. Satsuki's solution played entirely on her strengths as a member of the finance committee; it's a financial solution to a problem they all share.

I guess what we need to see is Moheji's policy statement to address this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
While it hasn't been mentioned in the anime, how many students are in fact financial aid scholarship students? I don't think that they are in the majority (otherwise the bullying doesn't make sense), so from a financial standpoint i don't see the point of a regular scholarship.
Well, I don't think it's fair to just cut the financial aid program and not offer any sort of alternative. This way, students who are eligible can transition and be recognized as full-fledged students (with all the privileges that conveys). I suppose the alternative is "we're just going to get rid of the Financial Aid program; goodbye", but that's rather cold-hearted. Perhaps that's what some other candidates might propose instead, though.