View Single Post
Old 2012-08-17, 10:26   Link #19405
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Eh? Then I must be blind I guess or I just have no taste. Usually for series like this, I put my attention more on the main males to care about the girls, Touma filling the most of it for me. Hmm. Maybe I have this "MC moe" going on?

Maybe I should do more bromance in my fanworks. Hell, I might be able to pander to a fujoshi friend of mine with it.
Hoho, just try with cute things then, the cutest is moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I can get behind that sentiment.

I'm kind of tired of all the female focus in anime, especially Slice of Life anime.

I mean, for every important character that is male, there will be 3 or 4 important female characters.

About 90% of the time spent on character development will be for the female characters. 9% will be for the MC (if male), and will inevitably be in the last 2 episodes. The other 1% will be for any other male characters.

Series with a totally female cast - chances are its nothing but cute girls doing cute things, which is boring, because there is very little goal, drama or conflict.

Well, its not like there aren't exceptions.

But I mean, how many series have you watched that follow that formula, where when you've finished you realize nothing of any particular note has happened (or things only happen at the beginning and end, with whole stretches of episodes of meaningless waffle), the characters have either stayed the same or changed in the same way as 100 others, and in the end the entire reason you have any affection for it was because "Its moe.". Especially recently. And I'm geting sick of it.

Anyway, Danshi Koukousei was a breath of fresh air in that regard. At least its meaningless conversations had punchlines, and it was filled with jokes.
Yeah, I agree there, is hard to find a SoL with actual enjoyable characters.