View Single Post
Old 2015-01-23, 00:17   Link #5
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

It's a decent 4X game, it's a bit of MOO (master of orion) in fantasy setting with a healthy dose of WH40k influence it. If you played Endless Space, this is just the same game in fantasy setting.

You can hire heroes to either govern your city or command your army stack. There's also a quest system included in the exploration (kinda like Civ Beyond Space) that rewards you tech or resources as you complete them. The barbarian of the game can also be pacified and assimilate into your empire so you gain new unit type for your army.

The major flaw of the game is the combat system and diplomacy. The combat is sorta of quasi turn based tactic game but you lack precise control over your units which makes it frustrating. Most of the time i just auto my combat and make up for the losses with the raw production power of my empire.

Diplomacy is just stupid and most of the time unfair. Not only i have to compensate any diplomatic deal with the AI (despite being monstrously overpowering them) but they are also too stingy with their surrender offer. Rather than wasting any influence point (diplomatic currency), it's just better to wipe them off the map.