Thread: Nintendo 3DS
View Single Post
Old 2015-10-15, 10:33   Link #1489
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Legend of Legacy... damn, that's pretty much Game of the Year for me being a SaGa fanatic. Challenging battle system, it putting emphasis on you trying to figure out how things work by experimenting, and of course, the feeling of "when am I going to 'spark' my next art" when facing dangerous foes. I haven't enjoyed a game as much as this since Persona 3!

I've got two complaints though:
1) Run being 100% successful, and you can run pretty much from anything not story related (and this being SaGa-inspired, that means almost no story XD). This means you can hit up a strong enemy to train up your skills, then run away to try again when things go south

2) Railroading. I personally hated at first SaGa's 'sandbox mode' where you are pretty much left to your own devices, but as I grew up I found that it was part of its charms. It isn't without its drawbacks (like wondering what to do next), but I found LoL to be too restrictive on your exploration.

Like sure, I kinda skipped the first boss at the water rioms because I thought I fully explored the forest ruins already, fully exploring up until the next ruin. So it still gives you a degree of freedom, but not allowing you for example, CHOOSE which ruin to go to next bothered me. But I guess they had to this since they did away the Battle Rank system, but still, I miss the freedom to do whatever you wanted.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote