View Single Post
Old 2008-05-24, 13:12   Link #257
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
I really hated this episode.. Everyone being slaughtered and still they don't attack to kill.. Almost all their attacks were to disarm or hurt the enemy but not kill them.. too damn pacifist for me when your being slaughtered! Even Chiko kept trying to save the one that was trying to kill her! If they fought for real half of them might not have died but Oh No! We can't kill anyone even when they are killing us.
Sorry, I didn't see that. The Chiko reaching for her attacker thing was slightly silly, but morally effective. In every other case, I thought they were attacking to kill. The shooter's arm just happened to intercept Ken's knife. The Skipper tried to kill two people. Muta shot people. NJM shot Tora. No-one else had a gun.

And Slice of Life, you make perfect sense about A+L and DTF -- even though I don't agree. I think this show is deep but ironic. More like a postmodern theorist than a yelling teen. Not that a postmodern theorist would be that congenial, lol. But as I've said before, I think what's important here are the powerful myths: being poisoned by your parents, being surrounded by hidden danger, being rescued by your hero, the princess among the thieves, having your family almost all killed, etc.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-05-26 at 12:06.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote