View Single Post
Old 2008-08-27, 01:14   Link #25
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokar View Post
Then the people you heard haven't read the comics. In the comic book fandom most of the complaints about shallow characters and racist overtones fall squarely on Frank Miller, and it's been discussed for years. The only complaints I've heard on Synder regarding the material is the rape of the queen storyline, which was not in the source material. Synder definitely could have added stuff to 300 to give it more depth, but instead he added stuff to make it even more misogynstic, so yeah, he could be faulted for that. In the comic book fandom, aka people who actually read the comic book, most of the fault falls on Frank Miller. Alan Moore even called out Miller on the pedophile line.
I hated that little side story he added. It really detracted from the rest of the movie, though I suppose the original plot was a bit too straightforwards. My girlfriend actually liked it, so... uh, yay for strong female characters?

Anyways, I have a feeling that the reason for the plot change has a lot to do with 9/11.

Spoiler:
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote