View Single Post
Old 2009-07-21, 10:01   Link #11
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

I think I already can see that Whitebeard and his crew really are going to just blow out at least three quarters of those marines. It's been built up so dramatically that he'll obviously go down in a glorious brawl-fest. I want to see what he can do with that halberd so bad...

He could slice the heavens with his raw spirit alone, while fighting Shanks, so what about when he's feeling a torrent of emotion? Wow. This is gonna be probably one of the most memorable moments in all of anime's history. It's great to know that he also has no devil fruit powers,and that the 'old school' is still the 'real thing'.

I like the idea that you can rise to the top without having an absolutely strong devil fruit power to accelerate you there. It's more than cool to see a real human being fighting it out for what he believes in. I think that since reading this spoiler, my respect for Whitebeard has grown about ten times over. I salute him.

I really believe that Whitebeard is going to die, but the marines will probably be so ruined it will open the floodgates for a new, and uncontrollable torrent of pirates to flood the Grand Line. In conjunction with the Impel Down arc, if the prison had broken down, and all those criminals DID escape, then it would have made for a supremely exciting manga.

I like the idea that there are super powerful pirates in the New World, such that Whitebeard himself would call upon them in time of need. It's also nice to know that pirates in One Piece are much like those in real life, what with the forming of leagues and partnerships.

It would also be nice to see a few tragic deaths in this war, of people who really do matter. Although I don't really want to see anyone die, I think that if this whole thing finishes off, and nobody on the pirate side of any consequence is dead, then it would cheapen the impact of Whitebeard's (presumed) death.

I love how the manga is going right now. Blackbeard started all of this. It's all his fault ( ) But after making all of this trouble, I want to see exactly what he's going to pull out of his sleeves to balance it off in his favour. As in: exactly what did he stand to gain in this carnage? It's brilliant carnage, to be sure, but wow...after causing all of this, I hope he does something extraordinary.

If he does, however, be the one to stand over Whitebeard at the last, drinking rum, and laughing maniacally, darkness streaming out from his sides, before plummeting his fist right into Whitebeard's already floored head, I think that this whole set up would be worth it.

Manipulating everything form the sidelines, and pitting the world powers against one another, and taking the crown moment. Wow. That's worthy of my respect.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.