View Single Post
Old 2011-08-18, 18:27   Link #27
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I never said Yangire Nae was anything good, I was basically neutral to it, past its shock factor.
What bugs me a lot is how they made Braun hardly empathic whatsoever.
What I don't get is why do you want Braun to be empathic? He already acknowledge that he became a dog for SERN because of the things he had gone through. He had chosen to do the things purely for Nae and he wasn't regretting it one bit as far as I can tell, heck in all versions he had basically given the vibe that if given another chance he would do the *same thing* because you know the talk where he told Kurisu and Mayuri that Okabe is a lucky bastard for being so care free and just mess around with his lab friends and about how he smacked down Okabe about sleeping out in the cold, not being able to eat, SERN/Rounders offering the last life line? He surely didn't seem to be apologetic about his choices to me, instead he's already fully justified his own actions - he did these things to survive and to keep Nae alive, any little things that would contribute to these goals he would do and that's all that mattered to him.

Quote:
Regardless how "certain" she would be killed in the end, from the perspective of someone such like Braun, it hardly looked like some mercy kill whatsoever.
That's the thing, the game made it look like he suddenly came around to feel sympathetic towards Moeka to let her live, but to me it only looks like they wrote an out for Moeka so they could have psycho Nae, which is why I said the motivation of game Braun is contradictory and contrived. Whereas the anime Braun's action is much more logical because in both medium he was supposed to be the father that is so desperate he would do anything to save his daughter, even if it meant becoming a murderer for a questionable society that one of his life-saving friend was fighting against, little minor details of killing one person doesn't seem like something that would actually bother him if you ask me.

Quote:
Furthermore, we have no clear picture how rounders are organized, especially that Braun was managing everyone with -just mails-. That alone makes the tracking of each member far more annoying.
SERN has the freaking Echelon, I don't think it would be THAT hard for them. Plus all the other little things about SERN's reach in Japan from direct optical cables and the 300 member committees to overriding the local police in the game? I think tapping a mobile phone of their *own* member to track some emails is hardly outside of their reach. And again, just from the simple fact that they demand the members of Rounders operation to die and Braun being scared of their reach to never consider leaving the organisation means they sure as hell are going to be pretty thorough when it comes to cleaning house and keeping tabs.

Quote:
However, it doesn't mean she wouldn't be able to live a bit on her own or with Okabe's company (in a CHARACTER perspective. As viewer perspective, we knew already her fate is sealed anyway).
But I've already given you a bunch of reasons why, even in the CHARACTER perspective, Braun, as a member of Rounders, has no reasons to believe that Moeka could/should live. As he said Moeka was a traitor and was his direct responsibility, and even if she wasn't her mission had been completed - he said so HIMSELF in the anime scene! so Braun, as a CHARACTER, knows that she MUST die, either by his hands or by other Rounder members.

Last edited by houkoholic; 2011-08-18 at 18:40.