View Single Post
Old 2012-05-10, 21:40   Link #28741
RandomAvatarFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernsel
Speaking of Prime, my theory is that the explosion was by accident and that EP8 reflected what actually happened in a more mystical form.
I've been pondering this. There's a lot of metaphors that can be seen in this Episode, and even back in EP1 it's discussed about how the family can get along pretty well.

Quote:
Beatrice decides to make murder mystery game out of it and everyone fakes their death with Battler, George, and Jessica as the detectives and herself as the culprit (and Maria as her accomplice).
We're all sure a mystery game happened. I seriously wonder why. As far as we know they could all have just been asleep when the bomb went off.
Quote:
-To add difficulty to the game, Beatrice assures the family of the existence of the Hidden Gold and says that it's their's if they can solve the epitaph.
This ignores more or less everything that was said in EP7. I think with Yasu's emotional state, that it's probable that s/he may have prepared for the bomb to go off as Claire confessed. Even though almost everything is fictional, and EP8 everyone seems out of character... having Beato/Yasu use the epitaph "for fun" is really out of her character. I don't believe that the murder game was just Yasu wanting fun for a night.

However I am all for a "peaceful" version of the story. Umineko isn't a mystery: it's an anti-fantasy. I agree though that it was an accident. My thoughts about it differ slightly. I'm still trying to tie some loose ends with my accident theory.

I'm also unsure about the time Yasu's bottles were written. I still believe that they contain almost exactly what we see as the Episodes (I know this is a discussion of its own), and if I believe that I would conclude that the bottles were written afterwards. How can this tie into an accident theory I wonder...

Maybe despite Yasu's existence as Shkanontrice, his/her bottles were just a way to deal with the pain, similar to Tohya's reasons for the forgeries. The bottles weren't Yasu's "plans" at all, but a way for Beatrice to get her message out to somebody. It can tie in with the Ikuko = Yasu theory which I'm not a fan of though but whatever...

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote