View Single Post
Old 2012-10-19, 12:09   Link #1858
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
do you apply the same standard to shows that uses guns? you know, where they either never have to reload, or has entirely way too many rounds in a single clip, where handguns have the stopping power of a .50cal rifle, the kinetic force of a stick of C4, and characters run and shoot with said pistol with the accuracy of a expert sniper with a rifle in the prone?

SAO is ultimately an adventure story with a sci-fi twist, it's not about network protocols. Stuff like this happens in just about every single show ever made, anime or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
Well, he might want to make it as detail as possible while at the same time not become too confusing for the readers. Leaving vague details on a story like SAO will cause even more confusion though. Not all readers are as advanced as you think, this explanation might be fit for those with lesser understanding I guess.
I think the reason why this mistake is bugging me is because this is the only thing which I can't justify with what I know from real life or SAO. Most things in SAO are future tech or left vague so there is enough room to be able to think up a way to explain it, but not with this instance in my opinion.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote