View Single Post
Old 2005-12-21, 17:40   Link #18
ommseti

One of the things that I'm curious about is what, exactly, is Enma doing with all of the souls of those who invoked her? It doesn't look like Enma ferries borderline cases who are close to repentance--- all of her passengers (from what I've seen, and I've only seen the subbed eps) are people who probably would have ended up in hell anyways, had they been allowed to complete their normal lifespan. The process is just sped up a bit. :o) But the part that doesn't sit right with me, and makes me curious, is what about those people whose desire for revenge was so great that they sacrifice their own souls in exchange for immediate justice? If I had a dog, I'm sure I'd love it, and I'm sure I'd be angry at a negligent vet--- but I don't think I'd condemn myself to an eternity of torment over it. :o)

So that's the thing that I'm watching the series to find out... these are people who are sacrificing their own souls' well-being in order to bring down their tormentors. What benefit is Enma getting out of filling hell with people who wouldn't normally have gone there?
ommseti is offline   Reply With Quote