Thread: Licensed Robotics;Notes
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-08, 12:46   Link #1118
Midonin
Last Engage

R;N 20 - Until the Darkness of this World Burns Away, I'll Sacrifice Myself For Love

Such an inspiring episode. Aki's speech exemplifies everything I love about her character. She's learned well from Gunvarrel. The second half of the episode where everyone gathered at school and pledged their support also hit the right emotional cadence I'd been looking for. Compared to C;H and S;G, R;N has always been about a club, a group of people, so making it that the finale isn't about them going it alone fits with the themes the series has established since the beginning. This also suggests that the one who killed Mizuka was Kimijima, as it was with everything else in this series - so her thanks to Misaki was genuine thanks. No sarcasm, no malice, no coded words. Just a final farewell for a friend. I'd been wondering if Subaru and Jun would have anything to do at the end - their roles have been rather reduced compared to Frau and Aki, and they're not as heavily tied to the plot as Airi has been - but even side characters get their moment to shine. Even if they're a parrot. Though GunBuild may function like a real robot, it's infused with the spirit of a super robot, and I believe it can ride the wave of that spirit towards the very end of the show. Looking forward to the finale.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote