View Single Post
Old 2010-01-04, 15:09   Link #1036
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
You know there's one thing this game made me feel more than anything else, Fear. Yup that's right, That creepy music playing in the background and the various events keeping you in constant suspense provided me with a more chilling fear than Paranormal Activity.

When Kid
Spoiler for spoiler:
it felt like one of the biggest mind screws ever, Not since oldboy had i been disturbed in such a way because right at that moment, The game messes up with your expectations like nothing before. I think the game pretty much succeeded at that point, And the proceeding twists kept you engaged personally and the way it all comes together was just fantastic. All i gotta say is amazing plot, Undoubtedly one of the best visual novels out there.
Spoiler for :

I didn't exactly feel fear (The only games to successfully make me feel that constantly were Higurashi and Tsukihime), but I did feel the suspense whenever something confusing happened and the music started in the background. (particularly "Traum in der Dunkelheit", that always gave me a chill whenever I hear it.) I remember when I heard several plot twists and was near the climax, my whole body would shake in suspense.

Speaking of music, are there any tracks in the game that you associate with a scene from the game? I got the game OST recently, and whenever I hear a track, my mind instantly remembers a certain scene from the game when the track played, so I was curious if any of you have felt this also.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote