View Single Post
Old 2012-09-08, 18:42   Link #30435
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
Someone solved the epitaph and yet murders continued. Ryukishi stated that if someone where to solve the epitaph, Yasu would have stopped killing. While in Ep 3 we can think they continued because Eva didn't openly said she solved it, in Ep 5 Battler reveals he solved the epitaph to a good bunch of people. It's unlikely Yasu doesn't know he solved it.

So we go back to two old theories:
- the epitaph wasn't solved, the solution was handed to someone
- someone else took Yasu's place and killed the people who were faking to be dead like it happens in Ep 6.
What exactly was said?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria in Episode 2
;「うぅん、そんなことはない。@……この碑文が解けたら、ベアトの儀式はおしまいになる。@だからもうそ れ以上、誰も死ななくなる。」\
;<真里亞
`"No, that's not true.`@` ......If you solve the epitaph, Beato's ceremony will be over.`@` So there won't be any need for more people to die."`\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrice in Episode 2
;「#ff0000妾は約束は守る#ffffff。@碑文の謎を解けば、黄金郷へ至ることができるだろう。 @さすれば、儀式は終わる。@それ以上、誰も死にはせぬ。」\
`"`#ff0000`I will keep my promise`#ffffff`.`@` If you solve the riddle of the epitaph, you should be able to reach the Golden Land.`@` When you have, the ceremony will be over.`@` No more people will die."`\
Note that Beatrice say "If you solve the epitaph". Episode 3 might not count because Eva & Rosa solved it. (I don't know how he could justify Episode 5, though.)
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote