View Single Post
Old 2012-10-25, 05:06   Link #47
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i think they've both reached their creative limits years ago, which is probably why they're trying to finish their respective series. although, i think they should have finished them much earlier.
I still see potential in Naruto to finish out as an overall good manga. It has definitely not reached the lows of Bleach. There is still a lot of hope in this series and I think once we are able to move past Obito (when his character is killed off and laid to rest for good) the story will have another ‘high’. Naruto—to me—has always been one of those series that has these slumps, where it feels like it just can’t get any worse, but then it picks itself up again and becomes an entertaining story (as well as one that doesn’t try to hard). And I think that is the main problem.

Kishimoto tries too hard sometimes. The most recent example being Tobi’s reveal—something most people had figured out when his character was introduced. When Kishimoto goes more with the flow and not trying to meet up with any expectation, I think he produces better work. I simply feel that the story needs to focus on Madara and Sasuke with Naruto in the same room—not Sasuke with Orochimaru in the flashback machine (but I know it will happen either in real time or in a flashback). I want to see progression in this story because that is what Kishimoto is good at.

But I wouldn’t say that Naruto is in the same position as Bleach. I have a feeling that Kishimoto has some sort of idea how he wants to end his series—Bleach is more ‘anything goes’. But if Naruto is given sharingan, I’d probably jump on this bandwagon too.
Quote:
bleach should have been done eons ago.
There is no doubt about that. :/