View Single Post
Old 2012-04-01, 14:09   Link #204
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I wonder about that...I don't get the feeling that Mykage cares much about Altair's fate.
I don't doubt this but he seems to be especially pissy about getting betrayed, and he did seem to at least see Jin in a somewhat good light earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Actions speak louder than words, remember what he did to Donar and his girlfriend? He didn't even know them. Plus the way how he just takes pleasure in messing with the people who are in love during the series?
The thing is, Mykage mucks with everyone be they in love, comrades, or even someone with whom he was once friends(?). He's just that sort of personality. I don't particularly think he hates love so much as he has an agenda and anything that can further it is of use to him be it: taking Donar's girl, sending Jin's closest followers to their deaths, killing Jin for his betrayal, or toying with Kagura.

If anything, I think he finds love beautiful but in a perverse way and that perversion comes off in his actions when it comes to how he behaves. To put it simply: he loves the suffering that is brought about by love and its untimely conclusion. He takes special pleasure in this with Kagura, using it to manipulate the dog-boy.