Thread: Noise
View Single Post
Old 2007-08-21, 19:25   Link #1
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Noise

I recently discovered this genre, even though I'm pretty sure some people, if not most wouldn't even refer to it as "music". I myself would never have thought I'd be able to get into it when I heard a Merzbow track for the first time. But it was interesting, I mean it had to have something to it if people could enjoy this pure noise. And damn it does. After listening to 1930 two times straight the other day I couldn't resist putting it on a 3rd time. And slowly I began enjoying what I heard.
And now, I'd actually call the album awesome. The energy, dynamics and rough beauty of it are astounding.

For those of you who haven't heard any of this stuff before, here are two clips, the first one by Merzbow, the second one various live performances of Masonna. If nothing else you gotta admire the passion/insanity of the man, whichever you choose to call it.

Apart from the few obvious replies in which I will be declared insane, does anybody else enjoy this genre as well? Any other thoughts are welcome as well.

btw, is it just me or is youtube really damn slow lately?