View Single Post
Old 2006-05-02, 22:16   Link #90
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

I am going to totally chicken out and go with my top five favorite post-2000 series, because I know what those are, but it'd take me forever to come up with a list that incorportated pre-2000 stuff. And of course, these are my favorite *series,* not just *anime* (thus justifying the list not getting dominated by Ghibli)...

1. Monster - This may very well be my favorite anime overall. It's definitely a contender, at least. Anyway, Monster is 74 episodes of perfection, and one of the best stories I have seen/read/experienced in any medium. Urasawa Naoki is incredible.

2. Eureka Seven - Even though I've only seen 26 out of 50 episodes. Character interaction and development is out of the wazoo, and the story is incredible too. The beautiful setting, the creative mecha, the good music, all that only adds to the glorious brilliance!

3. Honey and Clover - Life and love as seen through the eyes of a group of college kids. I could relate to this series on soooo many levels...

4. Samurai Champloo - A wonderful main trio, and lots of good times.

5. Fullmetal Alchemist - This series was higher on my list before BONES threw Eureka at me ^^ FMA is still a great, though. Great characters and a really intense plot that kept me on the edge of my seat more often than not.

Aaaand, because I can't resist,

6. Fantastic Children - Lost some of its drive in the last arc, but overall is an excellent piece of work with some craaaazy storyteeling.