View Single Post
Old 2006-10-30, 13:29   Link #30
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I think it's safe to assume this information is correct and he was indeed exiled for this Gigai and not for the Hougyoku. There are some points to support this:
  • He was exiled about 100 years ago (mabe 110 or 120), while the creation of the Hogyoku should date around 140 years ago.
  • He had the time to develop this Gigai afterwards
  • They probably didn't want the public to get to know of the Hogyoku, therefore they couldn't exile him for it. Besides he already saw himself that it was a mistake and got rid of it, therefore there shouldn't be a need to exile him, because he didn't break any law and made up for his mistake. But In the case of the Gigai he seemed to be insistent to keep his invention.
  • Aizen did a lot of research on Urahara and the Hougyoku in the closed archives of the administration; if Urahara indeed got exiled for the Hougyoku, using a cover-up, he should have already known it by the time he gave his explanation.
I agree that it is most probably the correct reason for Urahara's exile. However, being as that it came from Aizen, there are those who may doubt its validity. So I was just throwing it [another reason he could have been exiled] out there for those people... hence the "salt all around" (re: take it with a grain of salt) statement.