View Single Post
Old 2009-11-01, 19:12   Link #2281
Nagumo
Random Translator

05 – Okaasan
05 – Mother

Precia: Oh, it’s not going well at all… Linith… Linith!
Linith: Yes?
Precia: Please bring me some tea.
Linith: Yes, right away.
Arf: Where?
Fate: Here, here.
Linith: Fate, Arf, after you eat, please clean up after yourselves. I have some business to attend to.
Arf: Okay~! Hey Fate, what does Linith do when she has to go out?
Fate: Oh, most likely she’s going to my mom’s place to help.
Arf: Mom? Fate’s Mom?
Fate: Yes.
Arf: Oh, so Fate had a mom.
Fate: Yes, I have one.
Arf: But… last night, the book we read last night says that a ‘mom’ is always by her kid’s side and protects them. Fate’s mom is never by Fate’s side at all. Why?
Fate: Um…
Arf: Fate?
Fate: Um, er, it’s because I’m not a kid any more.
Arf: Really? But Fate’s really short, and her chest is really flat, so I kinda think you’re still a kid.
Fate: Er, um, I don’t want to her that from someone who’s shorter than me.
Arf: Ahahaha, Arf is a wolf, so I’ll get real big real soon.
Fate: That’s true, for the last two months Arf’s gotten real big. I wonder if you’re going to get a lot bigger than me soon.
Arf: Yeah, I want to get big real soon so I can protect Fate.
Fate: Hm, I look forward to it. But until then I’ll always stay by Arf’s side.
Arf: Hm… Hm? Fate gave Arf life, Fate also stays by Arf’s side and protects… Oh, does that mean Fate is Arf’s mom?
Fate: No, not really. No… But… But it’s alright if you think that.
Arf: I don’t really get it, but it doesn’t matter. As long as I can stay with Fate.

Linith: Precia… Your tea…
Precia: Leave it over… *cough*
Linith: You look… bad (sick)…
Precia: Not at all… I just used a bit too much power/energy.
Linith: If that’s true, then it’s fine… No, that’s not fine at all. Please be careful…
Precia: That girl… I saw her with a dog…
Linith: Ah, we found her last month. We took pity on it because it was dying so we made her into a familiar. Right now, it’s still a provisional contract.
Precia: You permitted it?
Linith: Yes. After some thought, I felt that killing it/letting it die would have detrimental effects on her afterwards.
Precia: That girl’s mana/magic is still undeveloped. She shouldn’t possess a familiar at all, cancel it (remove it).
Linith: I will not to… When Fate is with her, she laughs more often. Not only would she want someone to take care of. I believe at the very least, she would want to be able to feel affection for (love) her own familiar. Moreover the usually obedient Fate was very firm/insistent/stubborn against me. I would like to respect her will.
Precia: You won’t follow my orders?!... Whose familiar do you think you are?!
Linith: I am your familiar Precia Testarossa, but I was also ordered by you to raise your daughter, Fate, to become a first class mage. Having those orders in mind, I have acted as I have. By having Fate meet and interact with Arf, it can only aid/support Fate. Most of all, because I believe that it will eventually help you and Fate (it is for your sake and Fate’s) … Precia
Precia: … The tea’s gotten cold; please make a new pot…
Linith: … Yes…