Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Ginga Kikotai Majestic Prince
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-23, 08:02   Link #224
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I do wish they weren't trying so weakly to add some drama into this. "Ho-yay we Coordinator'd some kids to be warmachines now we're grappling somewhat with the reality of it." Could've been done better.

Apart from that, I'm just coming along for the ride. It IS kinda fun to watch, and I'm still waiting for the five unit gattai.
I dunno if the intent is really to add "drama" to the show, rather than to create a more expansive and interesting organizational structure. I do agree that many things in the show so far could probably be done better, and it's far from perfect. Sometimes the pace of the developments or the comedy doesn't work as well as it should, but I do appreciate the show for taking the time to lay the foundation of a setting which can support a 24 episode series well.

I think the show actually intentionally downplays the dramatic elements of the story in favor of something a bit more lighthearted. There's an undercurrent of concern and conflicted morals among the adult characters, but they generally don't want these concerns to really affect the pilots, and by extension the audience. I think it's a pretty interesting balance in the writing, but the actual pace of the story could definitely be improved.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote