View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 06:04   Link #49
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
In fact, my view on Tomiko has changed considerably with this episode. For all her age and supposed wisdom, that lady has one hell of a mean streak. Her plans for Yakomaru are about as extreme as it gets.
I actually expect something bad to happen to Tomiko after that line. It is almost like she spelled out her doom to me.

Quote:
My one issue with this episode (and with SSY in general since the latest time-skip) is that this is all feeling like a Greek Tragedy playing out in Super-Slo Mo. I find myself getting a bit numb to it all after awhile, and so I hope the pace picks up while I still care about some of these characters.
This is actually one of my favorite thing about this series that it's a true blue tragedy. We don't often have this type of storytelling in anime and that makes it feel fresh to me.

Of course at times it's hard to watch because you know its all going to get worse but at the same time that is the beauty of a true tragedy. It's even knowing if the character did things differently things would not have turned out like this but now that they did the course it set.

On another note while it seems the Queerrats are just defending themselves, I don't entirely agree that they weren't planning on attacking, I believe they just moved up the attack knowing that the humans found out. I don't think it is a coincidence that they destroyed the queerrat group most loyal to the humans & the fact that they have a cantus user (and we have all already predicted who that is). I just don't see either side as "innocent" here.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2013-02-03 at 07:54.