View Single Post
Old 2007-10-23, 02:12   Link #138
tetra26

I love R&B/Neo Soul -- and not the kind that has some random person rapping all over the track and destroying the song. I'm talking Classic Soul (The O'Jays, The Temptations, Sam Cooke, Otis Redding, Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight and the Pips), to 80's R&B (Anita Baker, Guy, DeBarge, Shirley Murdock, Zapp & Roger, Jody Watley, New Edition, Stephanie Mills) to early/mid 90's R&B (Bell Biv DeVoe, Jodeci, En Vogue, Tony Toni Tone, Zhane, Xscape, Boyz II Men, BLACKstreet, LeVert, Jade, Toni Braxton, Brownstone, Az Yet) on to the Neosoul of today (Maxwell, Jill Scott, Angie Stone, India Arie, Musiq Soulchild, Floetry, Leela James). There's nothing like good music with singers that can actually SING as opposed to shaking their half-naked bodies across the stage and whining/lipsyncing/shrieking.

Other than that, I listen to a little Rock (mostly Classic Rock), Country (Old School Country), Classical, Salsa, and I love Instrumental music and Soundtrack music (Scores, not music with lyrics). I despise Rap/Hip Hop for the most part (I like Old School Hip Hop though -- around the mid-90's I stopped bothering with it), and I don't like Gospel music either.
tetra26 is offline   Reply With Quote