View Single Post
Old 2012-07-22, 04:04   Link #190
Methias

Quote:
Originally Posted by woebegoneknight View Post
Anime-only viewer here, never heard of the LN, haven't even read any particular hints about the future of the show. "Oh well, I guess they want to get to the meat of the plot," doesn't make any sense to me, because this appears to be the meat of the plot, and I wouldn't have known otherwise short of that comment.

This show is pretty awful so far. These points were mentioned in various posts, but here again, for good measure:

Ep.2 ending, Kirito is going loner. Ep.3 beginning, he's joining a guild, smiling around other people & such. What happened? Wait, he's level 40!!!?

Where's that cute, awesome swords-girl that Kirito seemed to have a connection with last ep?

Floor 28? Holy cow, that was a lot of boss fights & such they skipped over. I mean, look at how much drama just went into the Floors 1->2.

Hey, Klein's still alive?! What happened... Oh, we get nothing.

Klein's guild fighting some other guild... Wait, is there PVP in this game? That wasn't touched, have these players been killing each other for loot/XP this whole time? Oh... you're not going to tell us.

Where's the cute swords-chick from the opening?

DEMON SANTA!!!! THIS SHOULD BE EPIC, OMGGgg.... Never mind, I guess. No epic demon santa battle for me. Really? We spent more time this ep fighting treasure chest guards than we did fighting the crazy demon santa.

Aaaannnd... Kirito's back in loner mode, we know nothing else about the rest of the world except for the fact that Klein's alive, so this episode literally might as well not have happened. He was in loner mode at the end of last episode, I-saw-somebody-die-so-don't-get-attached-to-anyone mode at the end of last episode, and we knew nothing about Cutey McSword at the end of last episode either.

Jeeze, and I thought I had enough to bitch about at the end of last episode. I'll probably keep watching for a little bit because the setting has some potential, but yikes, this has not been good.
1. Kirito is a loner, that is why he showed an awkward face when they invited him to the guild. Him joining the guild just means he doesn't want to be a loner, but because of circumstances, he rather be one.

2 Honestly at this point, I think you're better off writing your own novel. The LN didn't feautured all the level's bosses, and had a timeskip too, so basically the anime is doing rather well. I think you're complaining at the wrong things =/

3. the cute chick with swords, yes please remember her beautiful name, Asuna. Serisouly, you expect each episode to feature each character and give them development? =/

4. The Klein part fighting off the 3 parties was skipped, but I think that is the least of the problem here right? And not telling you the first time it shows up doesn't mean it's bad, it just means that maybe sometime in the future it will happen, geez impatient aren't we?

5. For the santa battle, it wasn't written in the light novels too, so blame the author.

and this episode serves as a character development episode, albeit a little bit poor because of the time constraint, nonetheless it is important for the main character's character development that I'm sure will come in play somehow.
Methias is offline   Reply With Quote