View Single Post
Old 2012-11-15, 02:30   Link #616
Rainrir
Tin Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Btw, this argument is a mirror of 2ch Magi manga thread (which is hell of a lot more civil compared to other Weekly shounen threads), pretty much exactly the same argument on both sides.

The only difference is, since it's not an international forum, a lot more indepth social comparison is sometimes made (since there's no one to offend. )
I am sure no one on 2ch makes an argument that the Goi are like the Eta, Hinin and other outcaste of the Tokugawa Era, an permanent underclass that is segregated in an area, viewed as animals by the rest, living in horrid conditions but still perform vital roles to support that society. Not to mention the degree of socio-political control they face to keep them down and obedient (I didn't see any when I dropped by 2ch).
Spoiler:
Japanese (on 2ch) are generally bad at looking at themselves, this is my observation. However, I am sure they had a field day with other non-Japanese societies, which they really have no qualms when it comes to tearing into them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I think Magneto and Mogamett shares the same reference, to be honest.
I know. However, I really dread actually naming those groups. I feel compelled to even have to "*" out most of the syllables so they are not so obvious to people who are not fully paying attention. Talking about them is really just gonna attract flame bait.

Last edited by Rainrir; 2012-11-15 at 02:44.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote