View Single Post
Old 2009-08-13, 22:25   Link #4044
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code View Post
That's incorrect. Take a look at Gundam's very first opening. 'Gundam' was never really supposed to be 'Gandam', the name from that Newtype article was a misspelling.
Heh, you're no fun in pointing some of the more obvious mistake away too early.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i thought that series was meant to be a sequel to Z/ZZ Gundam but instead was replaced with ZZ Gundam/Char's counter attack right? or even a joke article?
Quote:
Originally Posted by elindir View Post
I'm aware of that. However, I was not asking about the name, but about the picture. What was this plan? A sequel to Zeta or ZZ like DRAGUN H.E.X. guessed or something else?
Well, the truth is, it was a joke article of sort from March 1986 since NT was following the trend of publishing fake reports to get fans work up before dropping the real deal.

They manage to come up with 8 pages worth of fake materials before finally admitting that everything was a hoax with 2 pages of article on ZZ. Gotta love the resources they pour into meaningless stuff during the Bubble Economy.

But they manage to release a non-canon voice drama on Tomino's OO in '87 and a manga of O (Outer) Gundam in '88.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote