View Single Post
Old 2004-05-12, 19:36   Link #53
Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
men don't just get top jobs because they are men. although with hard work, they are more likely to get top job because they are men. why is that? because men are on top of this society and they have fought like HELL to be on top. they get the top job and pass the top job to men. women do nothing and expect everything. if you want other women to have more oppertunities, then fight like hell just as the men did and take all the top jobs away from men. don't expect men to lie down and give you the jobs they secured just because you're a woman.
Life ain't a big competition, or a battle for that matter. It shouldn't be defined in terms of conflict. A meaningful corporation should hire the best person for the job, regardless of other factors. One who 'fights like hell' only when it comes to 'being on top' is not a team player and really has no place in a corporation. They may be adept at running a one-person business but if everything is based on self-serving interest they aren't a good employee. I am against quotas or anything like that. Even if all companies had fair hiring practices there would still be less women in high corporate positions, because less women in the world (compared to men) aspire to be those things. I just want a place where people treat each other with respect and where fair hiring practice is the norm not the exception. I am not actively whining about any problem today because I think the transition is a given, companies that do have fair hiring practice will get better employees overall than the old boys' networks and employees are what puts a company above the others.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote