View Single Post
Old 2012-01-15, 01:19   Link #8
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
The voice he uses is very similar to the one used in the December 2010 100 question interview with Madoka, for what it's worth.
Nice pick-up! I did take some inspiration for my Madoka narration from that 100 question interview. In it, Madoka alternates back-and-forth between reserved/unsure trailing off, and confident excited answers. That's why in my narration, I use a lot of ellipsis whenever Madoka is unsure of herself, but also a lot of exclamation marks whenever she's confident about something.

In fairness to Sol and MinuSeveN, though, I probably need to give her a more clam and less girly tone for some bits of narration in the future.

Quote:

The format was definitely unexpected for me as well... it works very nicely, though, and I think it's awesome that you addressed the concerns I raised. (Not sure if what I said has anything to do with your choosing the format, though)
Your feedback was helpful. It's why I decided to go with this spoiler space approach for choice results. That way, people who want to know the results of every choice are able to do so without too much trouble.

Quote:
It was a very enjoyable read, and I'd love to see an actual Visual Novel made from this.
Thanks! I'm glad that you, Sol, MinuSeveN, and naamio are all enjoying it so far. I intend to have another chapter up tomorrow or Monday.

Quote:

It's such a cold thing to say, and combined with 1C would start to make Madoka seem like a bigger bitch than anyone else in the series. Maybe I should do a Bitch Madoka playthrough one day, where Madoka ends up alone because she alienates everyone by being mean all the time.
lol! It is true that a combination of certain choices will make Madoka seem harsher than her in-canon anime self. I might need to offer up more nuanced choices in future chapters to guard against that, but I thought I'd have some fun with these first two choices.

I'm glad you liked the short bits for each of the possible responses.

Quote:
Huh... I wonder if it's possible for two (Or even all) of the characters to tie in affection points, and turn Madoka into a Makoto Itou. >_>
lol, you never know.