View Single Post
Old 2012-12-15, 23:15   Link #123
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I did feel odd about any positive feeling being directed towards Kayaba. The guy did kill about 4,000 people. That's a pretty serious mass-murderer right there. I'd be tempted to throw that seed right into his damn virtual echo face. I probably wouldn't since it wasn't the game world itself that was evil. As we've seen with Kayaba and Sugou it's the people in charge of such a world that are the bad guys.

I mean sure, thanks for helping Kirito out of that mess, but that's it. If he asked for repayment for what he did I'd say "considering the hell you put people through this was the least you could do." Certainly can look at Kayaba in a few ways. The God metaphor is interesting. But in the end Kayaba isn't a god. He's a kidnapper, hostage taker, and murderer. Killed thousands so he could create and live through his fantasy. Wasn't like he put himself at risk until the very end. Until that point he was safely going through boss battles never in any real jeopardy of losing his life.

I consider the Seed like any piece of technology. By itself it isn't something that is evil. It's how it was used in SAO and ALO that was the problem. I'd be tempted to screw Kayaba over and destroy it so others couldn't abuse it, but in the end it's too late. These worlds have been made and will continue to be made even if the loss of Kayaba delays them. All one can do is take some solace in the fact that Kayaba died for his crimes.