Thread: Needless
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-29, 13:39   Link #8956
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

^Always interesting to see your thoughts on how the series is developing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
I don't believe Shield of Aegis is Cruz's greatest power, especially since we saw him do more with Arclight than what we saw in this chapter. I think by putting this here and now, it'll answer our questions about Cruz's power without getting us to think about what more there could be.

For one, when he defended himself against Arclight, his hands were bound. Also, the Agnishwattas that the Aruka clones were firing at Cruz were resolved by his hand whereas Arclight's flames were blown away. And then that's the issue of Cruz being surrounded by flames and his eyes changing colors. Plus, at that time, he didn't even recall the name of his fragment, let alone even know he was a Needless. There's more to Cruz than just Shield of Aegis.
I've changed my mind about what was going on in ch 100, and I now think the flames surrounding Cruz were actually Arclight's, and Cruz was unconsciously warding them off with his power. (I also think it's possible that Cruz freed himself by deflecting those flames to destroy his shackles.) But basically I agree with what you're saying here. The eyes haven't been explained yet, and they must be important somehow. Also, something else that hasn't been explained is Cruz apparently imitating Arclight's appearance, with his hair hiding his right eye. I no longer have any idea what that means, but you can be sure it means something...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiammes View Post
Also anyone find it odd that Cruz and Arca follow more of a Greek/Roman mythological theme, rather then follow a Biblical theme?
Actually the name of Arca's power comes from Hindu mythology. Needless borrows from a wide range of sources apart from the Bible. Makes it more interesting IMO, though also a little harder to work out where all the names come from...