View Single Post
Old 2008-04-05, 06:52   Link #1017
Vorenus
Angsty Newtype

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Rau had a perfectly fine face, actually. Neo didn't really had any reason to wear a mask since he no reason to hide his face or past or anything (he didn't even know his real identity). Maybe it was to hide his scar?

I think Neo's reason really ain't that bad compared to a few others, of course, if he had a reason at all.
Didn't Rau have a body aging faster than usual due to the fact he is a clone with short-telomeres ? Mwu and Kira were quite shocked when his face was revealed. He might have had a nice face in the non-masked flashbacks we had from him, but it was several years before Seed, and Rey was going to end up the same.

As for Neo, Mwu being the sort of living legend he should be as "The Hawk of Endymion", I would bet his face is pretty well known by a lot of people in the OMNI Military he was originally from and was back as Neo.
The risk of people recognizing him and shouting "You're a MWU !" was too high...
And it just looks fearsome for the commander of a black-squad like Phantom Pain to wear a mask, a mask always adding to the character charisma in Gundam (by actually borrowing Char's).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Don't forget the glasses guys...
Harry Ord
Jamil Neate
Quattro Bajeena^^

They are part of the masked guy theme...Even Chronicle Asner with his breath mask, Corrozo with the iron-mask, and Schawrz from G Gundam aswell...

Sorry I'm about to hit up the club, I'll respond to the rest in kind later...Brace for it, I'm gonna get deep on the mask $hit next post...
Jamil while wearing a sunglasses to hide his past (from others and especially to himself since he was badly traumatized by war) doesn't act at all like the other masked characters in Gundam and doesn't have so much mystery about him since his whole past is revealed by the 5 first episodes.
Besides, Gundam X being an "as if" of what may have happened if the One Year War ended for the worst, Jamil stands as the equivalent of Amuro rather than Char's.
So while Jamil indeed wears glasses which is a toned-down version of the mask, he managed to not follow the masked-man codes, so I guess there is hope for Graham.

Last edited by Vorenus; 2008-04-05 at 07:11.
Vorenus is offline   Reply With Quote