View Single Post
Old 2008-12-26, 01:10   Link #992
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Oh, he is right about the transition, but if he equates that with growth, then I am afraid he is terribly mistaken.

Ranka simply changed occupation, she did not come to terms with them, nor heed the responsibilities required of those roles.

- Tak
I equated it more with change which means "Wechsel" in German. From that point he is correct. About emotional development I won't argue here as I gave you here the credits. :P But still I have to point out that you are judging Ranka too hard. But this is another story.

Quote:
Oh lighten up, Father Hentai. It's Christmas season.
Don't remind me on that. I forgot to pack my girlfriends presents... Oh before I forget to mention it. Happy Holidays to all

Quote:
Everything else went off after that, and his transition list was horribly biased, if he can list Ranka being the songstress protecting Frontier than why can't he for Sheryl since she assumed that mantle after Ranka left? Sheryl actually doing that was also a development for her character considering how she started off in the series. Shortening her life span to protect Frontier when the majority of this fanbase labeled her a selfish bitch after the first few episodes, you know when it wasn't "cool" to be a Sheryl fan.
Well if you ask me about the heroine issue vision posted. Ranka was a heroine to the very moment until she denied to sing for her own reasons. And even at the end she was a heroine again when Sheryl, Ranka, Alto, Ozma, Klan and all who helped fighting against the antagonists of the series.