View Single Post
Old 2009-12-03, 06:17   Link #150
hei

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
In the S1 when he lost his sister, he had someone to blame, Amber. He was adamant in punishing her and finding out what truly happened. The depression from the loss of his sister is transformed into an anger for Amber and hope to find the truth (which would lead to his sister).

Given that we're not sure exactly what happened before S2 since the OADs aren't out yet, it is safe to assume that's largely about the lost of Yin. Although Yin is largely implied as Hei's lover, we can certainly see some parallel between her and Xing/Pai. If Yin disappears from Hei's life, it's as if he loses the same person twice. When a person is faced with the same mistake twice, they start to relate the source of the problems to themselves. It's not longer Amber's fault, maybe it's my own fault? Maybe I'm the one that's causing all of them to suffer. That's a typical train of thought when someone get's depressed. It's possible that that's what led Hei down the path of hobo.

But of course, in truth, we're not sure yet. We'll just have to cross our fingers and hope they'll explain it properly. I don't think so though :P, given the time we have left I'm looking at a super rushed ending.
Yes, I think that your story is probably the most plausible one. However, I still think the extent of the change of Hei's character is too great to be left unexplained until the very end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Wasn't it already confirmed in S1 that contractors who have lost their original body (Bai/Pai in Hei's case, as his powers came from her -- or more like, she's his power, in a more abstract way) no longer need to pay for their contract? For example: Mao and the body-swapping contractor.
In that case, Pai/Xing does not have to pay anymore, but we don't know about Hei's case. Furthermore, Pai left at the end of S1 and Hei still used the power, which means the power became Hei's own. In this regard, can we say that Hei became a full-time contractor at the end of S1, who now have to pay remuneration? I wouldn't be surprised if Hei pays stupid remuneration in the ODA. Well... what is true is up to the director, anyway.