Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-12, 17:18   Link #26412
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
NK is a buffer state that borders China itself, Yugoslavia on the other hand served no such purpose for Russia. You'd have about as good a chance of convincing China to concede NK to the US sphere of influence as you would convincing Russia to give up the Caucasus.
I don't think I ever said that. I only said that the big fat walrus and his friends have to be kicked out for everyone's good (including China's). And besides, Serbians still kept their ties with Moscow with a new government after Kosovo.

Quote:
First things first - SK is no US, not even remotely close. Replace the Coalition forces with the SK military in the Gulf War, and there would be a very different flag flying in Kuwait today. Second, if Iraq is what you'd consider to be a success story, well, you shouldn't - that place really hasn't held up very well, and I'm speaking from personal experience here.
Please read my second example about the Six Days War. About Iraq, I was only touching aspects of the First Gulf War (not the Second) when mentioning about how consistent tactical strikes ended up having their toll, even for an army trained with Soviet tactics at the time.

edit: what would happen in North Korea WITHOUT the Kims? Anarchy? I don't think we're even remotely close to that.

Quote:
I'm no fan of the NK regime, but IMO you do have a rather idealistic outlook on military operations and their repercussions. There is a reason why war should be the last resort, not something you jump to just because you're pissed off at the other side.
The NK regime had 60 years (!!!) to try applying their ideals, they failed. SK expanded itself into a major economics power while NK kept impoverishing themselves. There was more than enough time for them to think what's best for the country, and yet they were not able to do that. After all this time, I don't think there's any option left when everything NK does is now a threat to SK's national security, as well as for the entire region's national security. If you ask me, we are at last resort. It's sad, but things are coming down to this.