View Single Post
Old 2004-09-15, 16:27   Link #1
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Why is Naruto so popular?

I have intensively been watching Anime for quite some years now.
I'v seen shit and I'v seen stuff that moved me alot(im an insenstive cock so that's quite something)
Then right out of the blue comes the story about a little ninja boy and his little friends who can spit fire and the world is hooked.

WHY? why in the hell are we enjoying Naruto so much? What does Naruto have that makes us watch it over and over again and discus countless trivial subjects?

For the hell of it?
I guess not, just downright genuine interest in this thing. Most of the forum users are over 16 is my guess..The anime is about 12 year olds. Can we identify ourselves with them? I once read this article that the majority of Anime/Manga fans enjoy it somuch because they see themselves in her/his favorite character in some way.

Im 20...how COULD I indentify myself with Naruto..But the strange thing is, when it comes to Naruto we tend to throw our maturity to the side for a minute and talk about these things..During my social life I would never dare to speak such matters, then why is is just with Naruto that my interest is aroused to the point to actually participate in debates as these?

The Ninja genre is overall accepted as "cool" that's one point for sure..
And as all anime's they do shit we could never do, like summoning a 50 feet talking frog. The fact that everything is possible always hit's a right note in my brain..
Or maybe Naruto just has a perfect mix of immature style/action/drama/humor
that's absent in other anime's.

Enough with my story, spit your thoughts, what's the true reason Naruto appeals so much to you?