Thread: Playstation 4
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-22, 12:39   Link #213
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
PC monitors have much higher dot pitch, but the key here is that you also sit much closer to your PC monitor than your TV. While I'd guess most people's eyes are around 2 ft. away from their monitor, I doubt many sits merely 2 feet in front of their TV.

The jump to 4k is also much higher than 720P to 1080P @ 3840 × 2160. While useful for 30"+ PC monitors for extra screen real-estate, for consumer TV it has no tangible benefits until you start going to screen size of over 80".
That's only because we're talking about screens! I'm talking about internal resolutions more specifically. That's how "HD Remakes" are made, they just up the internal resolution and "wow look at that all HD ". I can do the exact same thing in PCSX2...

Before 1080p became viable (and honestly, was rather unnecessary for most games), HD was something that everyone wanted... In PS2 era I'm pretty sure almost no one bothered with Component cables since such displays weren't exactly cheap. Then, everyone got hyped about TRUE HD and HD was pretty much very common.

As you said, 4K may not make a real difference but it WILL set a new stardard, since it seems that 1080p and 3D are very common.

You heard here first!

Last edited by Tong; 2013-02-22 at 15:22.
Tong is offline   Reply With Quote