View Single Post
Old 2012-10-23, 23:42   Link #5042
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Now, the youtube vid was deleted, but the thumbnail showed an amnesic Trowa leaving Catherine to go after Quatre. So I believe it's at 19:00~, after Quatre has defeated the OZ and White Fang troops. Quatre's original line is "We've got to put an end to this kind of nonsense," but the Spanish one says something about Trowa (and love?). *shrug* Yeah, I don't know. If one of the natives would be so kind.
Oh, and compared to the other, this line doesn't sound off either.

By the way, TV Tropes and the vid itself say this is the Latino version. Since I don't speak Spanish, I'm curious to know whether it really is, and/or whether Spaniards got the same version. If anyone knows. I feel the distinction would be appropriate.
That, and if it really is the Latino version, it'd be odd for the dubbing company to slap in yaoi, since I hear Latin America wasn't too big on homosexuality back when GW was aired.
Damn you! I spend most of last night watching GW in Spanish.

Ya... Quatre saids "but why, if I really love Trowa!?"
Again, it's been 10 years since I first watched the series, I can't recall this or any other "I love Trowa" lines, and if they were in there I never took it as yaoi coupling, but more of platonic, bro-kind of love. But that's just me.

I find it very strange that any dubbing company in Latin America would do this, especially since they were always great about leaving things in tack. As Sommer said, they kept everything that I can recall watching unedited and even uncensored (lil Goku walking around naked with his lil junk waving around). It's also strange that the end credits are in English and not left in Japanese or done in Spanish...

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote