View Single Post
Old 2010-06-09, 04:27   Link #9
Phillip C

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayame_ View Post
I seems this is a common problem from some of the other threads ive read here. Not sure if mine is totally the same, but ive never had MKV problems before until lately in this anime season, Angel Beats from Mazui has been the major problem.
Comp specs
Toshiba Satellite laptop, 3 years old.

Intel(R) Core Duo(TM) CPU T2450 @ 2.00 GHz
2 gigs of RAM
32 bit OS
Windows Vista SP 2

I was using the newest MPC HC and CCCP codecs, I read a recommendation to try Shark codecs, which I am doing currently.

Problem was that the video would lag and then the audio would lag and cut out to try and resync, but it never would, when id try and pause the video in MPC HC it would keep playing, only at a slower speed, not sure what is going on, thanks for any advice.
I joined the forums looking for an answer to the exact problem.
My laptop played videos perfectly until i upgraded to windows 7

specs were
Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5800 operating at 2.0GHz
4GB of DDR2 SDRAM memory
64 bit OS
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD graphics with up to 1759MB shared memory

720p and 1080p videos became unwatchable and I looked at every possible solution from changing codecs to more advanced options. I finally took some advice and downloaded SMPlayer. I was told it was one of the more advanced players available and that i shouldn't fear the options that are included. SMPlayer is the BEST player I have used. Nothing is sluggish and playback is now back to where it was before i upgraded. I HIGHLY recommend SMPlayer. It will save you alot of headaches and alot of time to get back to watching anime